InstaVolt the largest owner operator of rapid electric vehicle charging stations across the UK and we pride ourselves on customer experience and satisfaction. Our teams provide a full range of support to our stations, as well as playing a crucial role in the expansion of the network and the continuation of our reputation as best in the industry.
To support our growth, we are looking to recruit an Electrical Field Service Engineer, with a great work ethic and the ability to work under their own initiative, to mainly cover the Luton region. There is potential UK wide travel involved as we continue to expand our network across the country.
This a great opportunity to get involved with one of the fastest growing companies in an industry that is going to see huge growth over the coming years.
The selected candidate will have to perform four key duties in their role. These are site surveys, proactive maintenance, reactive maintenance, and electrical installation work. A successful candidate will have the ability to communicate with multiple members of staff, from reporting to their manager, members of the network performance team, project managers and members of the design team regarding the site surveys. There is also a requirement to effectively communicate with our client’s engineering back office team, warehouse and installation team to diagnose and rectify any faults that have occurred.
Due to the locations of our chargers there may be a requirement for the successful candidate to stay away from home for short periods of time, either during their day-to-day activities or, if required, covering for annual leave etc of other engineers. InstaVolt will supply a hotel card for use when this is required.
- Site Surveys: In order to maintain the growth of the business there is a requirement to complete surveys of potential charging locations. This will include drawings and photographs of the sites, measurements from site, communication with in-house planning team, uploading photographs and great communication.
- Proactive Maintenance: By keeping the stations maintained and clean this ensures our client’s reputation remains the best and the reliability remains market leading.
- Reactive Maintenance: This will be a crucial part in the candidate’s role, as our client strives to keep their network online 24/7. Its critical to the business that downtime is kept to the minimum and the response to these incidents are paramount to ensure the availability is at its very best.
- Electrical Installation work: There is a requirement for our clients’ engineers to install the electrical infrastructure related to the charging stations. This will include the installation of SY/SWA cables, panel board installation, earthing, bonding and electrical testing.
Skills & Experience:
- C&G 2360 Electrical Installation Work Part 1&2 or equivalent.
- C&G 2382 Requirements for Electrical Installations 18th Edition.
- Experience working in a customer focused environment.
- Full driving Licence.
Ideal additional skills:
- C&G 2391 Inspection & Testing or equivalent.
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in electrical.
- SPA/UKPIA accreditation
- Ability to comprehend and adhere to health and safety regulations and standards.
- Single-handedly and efficiently perform electrical fault finding, diagnosis and repair along with electrical installation work.
- Be suitability qualified in electrical installation work and conversant in BS7671.
- A flexible attitude and the ability to quickly adapt to changes and learn new skills and techniques.
- Provide prompt and co-operative response to reactive fault issues.
- Installation of fresh electrical and electronic components and fittings
- Troubleshoot machine breakdowns and provide preventive maintenance services.
- Supervise electrical works when new projects are undertaken.
- Keep record of all stock and supplies, including deliveries to addresses etc.
- Have a basic knowledge of Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word, OneDrive and Excel
- Good communication and customer facing skills, with the ability to communicate with a variety of people during your working day.
- Work with their own initiative and willingly adapt to a changing programme of works as required.
- Competitive salary
- Overtime available
- 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays, increasing each year by 1 extra day, up to a maximum of 25 days.
- Life insurance at 3 x annual salary from day 1
- Admission to pension scheme following successful completion of 3 months employment
- Ongoing training in career building avenues, health & safety and any other area that will be of benefit to the business and the employee
- Opportunity to enrol onto our salary sacrifice EV scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to PerkPal platform
- Quarterly company events
- Company EV Van
One last thing… We’re an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equality and diversity and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
more from the volts
The voice of the electric charging industry