30th March 2023
Win an EV break in Iceland with InstaVolt!
Time to recharge? Visit the InstaVolt charging hub at Stroud Park this April and be in with a chance to WIN a rejuvenating weekend away in Iceland in our competition!
To celebrate the launch of our rapid EV charging hub in Stroud Park, Banbury – and our international expansion – we’re offering one lucky EV driver the chance to swap the UK for the geysers of Iceland!
To enter, simply snap a photo of yourself charging your EV at our Stroud Park Hub, and share it on social media using #BanburyToIceland or email your photos to [email protected] by April 30. We’ll pick a winner from all valid entries and announce them on our social channels!
You and a friend could be jetting off to Iceland to see the sights, witness the incredible geysers and take a dip in the world-famous Blue Lagoon.
Our star prize includes:
- Direct flights from the UK for two people to Keflavík International Airport with British Airways or Icelandair – offsetting all CO2 emissions
- Three days, two nights’ accommodation at Courtyard by Marriott Reykjavik Keflavik Airport – Aðaltorg
- EV car hire for the duration of your trip from Blue Car Rental
- And, of course, EV charging throughout the trip courtesy of InstaVolt – powered by 100% renewable energy from the country’s geothermal power plants.
Stroud Park, Banbury – Your Go-To Rapid EV Charging
Our Banbury EV charging hub at Stroud Park features 32 rapid chargers, getting you back on the road quicker than ever when travelling along the M40. Plus, if you use the InstaVolt app, you’ll get 10x Volts reward points when you charge there!
Situated on the M40, our largest charging hub features 16 120kW rapid chargers, eight 125kW rapid chargers and eight 150kW ultra-rapid chargers.
At our hub, you’ll find refreshments and facilities from Costa Coffee where you can pick up a coffee or something to eat while you wait – by the time you’re at the bottom of your latte, you’ll be ready to hit the road again!
The launch of the site’s second expansion saw us energise our 1,000th charger – meaning we’re well on our way to our goal of activating over 10,000 EV rapid chargers across our network by 2029.
Competition Terms & Conditions
Promoter & Participants
1. The Promoter is InstaVolt Ltd
2. All entrants (“Participants”) must be Great Britain and Northern Ireland residents aged 23 or over.
3. Employees of InstaVolt, Courtyard by Marriott Reykjavik Keflavik Airport – Aðaltorg. and Blue Car Rental – and their immediate family members – may not enter the competition.
4. By entering this prize draw, all participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
The Prize Draw
5. To enter this prize draw, participants are asked to submit a photo of their vehicle charging at any of the 32 chargers at InstaVolt, Stroud Park, Banbury.
6. The Promotion starts at 08:30 on 30/03/2023 and all entries must be received by no later than 23.59 UK time on the closing date of 30/04/2023.
7. Incomplete, invalid or inappropriate entries, or entries received after the closing date will not be eligible to win.
How To Participate
8. To enter this competition, Participants must submit a picture of their vehicle charging at any of the 32 chargers at InstaVolt Stroud Park, using the hashtag #BanburyToIceland via social media accounts OR email the image to [email protected].
9. All entries must be received between the entry date and the close date (UK time).
10. Participants may enter the competition more than once, up to a maximum of 10 times, and each picture submitted with the #BanburyToIceland will count as a new entry.
Prize Draw Requirements
11. Participants agree to be contacted by the Promoter for the purposes of administering the prize draw.
12. Participants agree their photos submitted will be used for future InstaVolt Marketing purposes.
13. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible entries or which otherwise do not meet the requirements.
14. Winner must accept the prize in its entirety and cannot accept individual elements such as flights only.
15. The prizes available will consist of the following:
a. Direct return flights for two people from one of the following UK airports (Any London airport, Manchester, Glasgow) to Keflavík International Airport, Iceland
1. All travel documents requested to visit Iceland are the responsibility of the winner.
b. Three days, two nights’ accommodation for two people at Courtyard by Marriott Reykjavik Keflavik Airport
c. EV vehicle to be collected from Blue Car Rental kiosk at Keflavik Airport for use during the stay
1. Hire vehicle available for those aged 23+
2. Driver must hold a full, clean and valid UK driving licence
3. Driver agrees to full terms and conditions from Blue Car Rental at time of booking
d. EV charging using InstaVolt chargers, courtesy of InstaVolt
e. The stay is subject to availability and black out dates apply over all UK bank holidays
16. All stays must be completed after 30/04/2023 and before 31/12/2023
17. In the event of circumstances beyond our control the Promoter is not responsible for delays in travel.
18. Promoter reserves the right to publish name, town and county of the winner or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the draw. If the winner does not wish such details to be published, they must advise the promoter at time of being notified that they have won.
19. The prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be substituted for the prizes on offer. In the event that the prizes offered are unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
20. The winner must claim the prize no later than 7 days after the winner has been informed.
21. If the winner rejects or fails to claim the prize on time in accordance with clause 20 the prize may be awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of the promoter.
22. The winner will be chosen by InstaVolt judges. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into from all submissions received between the entry date and the close date.
23. The winner will be contacted via social media or email (depending on method of entry) by InstaVolt with the next steps of how to claim the prize.
24. The winner will be sent a direct message and the Promoter will announce the winner publicly across all social media channels.
25. Promoter reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this Promotion.
26. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature however caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting the promoter’s liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
27. In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the prize draw, the decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. Although the Promotion may be featured on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram, this Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram. By entering this Promotion, all entrants release Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram from any liability arising out of this Promotion. The information entrants provide will only be used for the purposes referred to in these terms and conditions.
29. All personal data collected as part of the Promotion will be handled in accordance with the InstaVolt privacy notice. Entrants can view a copy of such notice at https://instavolt.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Privacy-Policy-2023.pdf
more from the volts
The voice of the electric charging industry